Welcome to the Educators area of the Foundation’s website! The FBE values our system’s teachers and administrators and strives to work in partnership with them to enhance our children’s education.
Applications may be submitted at any time, but will be reviewed by the Program Committee in the fall and in the spring.
We look forward to receiving your application!
|GRANT APPLICATION DEADLINES||AWARD NOTIFICATION TIMEFRAME|
|October 18, 2016
February 16, 2017
|By December 7, 2016
By April 5, 2017
FBE Funding Criteria
The FBE is open to, and interested in, considering any creative project that contributes substantially to the educational excellence of the Belmont Public Schools. Grants must be well written, with a compelling description of the influence they will have on the students.
The FBE considers grants for:
- Equipment or materials that enhance the curriculum and refine teaching techniques
- System initiatives that would be supported by sending a group of teachers to a conference or professional development course
- External conferences or workshops for educators that are consistent with the criteria outlined above
The FBE supports grants that:
- Enrich the public school curriculum, support new educational models, and result in richer learning experiences
- Provide significant benefit to as many students as possible
- Encourage collaborative efforts between educators
The FBE cannot support grants for the following:
- Field trips of any nature