Grants: For Educators
Welcome to the Educator’s area of the Foundation’s website! The FBE values our system’s teachers and administrators and strives to work in partnership with them to enhance our children’s education.
Applications may be submitted at any time, but will be reviewed by the Programming Committee in the fall and in the spring.
We look forward to receiving your application!
|GRANT APPLICATION DEADLINES
||AWARD NOTIFICATION TIMEFRAME
|October 19, 2012
February 13, 2013
|By December 7, 2012
By April 10, 2013
FBE FUNDING CRITERIA
The FBE is open
to, and interested in, considering any creative project that contributes substantially
to the educational excellence of the Belmont Public Schools. Grants must be well
written, with a compelling description of the influence they will have on the students.
The FBE considers grants for:
The FBE supports grants that:
- Equipment or materials that enhance the curriculum and refine teaching techniques
- System initiatives that would be supported by sending a group of teachers to a
conference or professional development course
- External conferences or workshops
for educators that are consistent with the criteria outlined above
The FBE cannot support grants for the following:
- Enrich the public school curriculum, support new educational models, and result
in richer learning experiences
- Provide significant benefit to as many students
- Encourage collaborative efforts between educators
- Field trips of any nature
- Projects that could
be funded through the PTAs or PTOs